Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Menu Plan for this 4th week of March



I'm really liking the general menu plan that I've made and have found it very easy to switch around the order as needed to help and not hinder my days.

I hang my menu list on my fridge so that it is always visible and I am working on getting myself into the routine of preparing my supper meal right after lunch or right along with preparing lunch.
I do need to start getting more detailed with my side dishes so will be trying to add that to this next set of menus.

Last time I went shopping I forgot to list exactly how many blocks of cheese I needed to buy to prepare the listed dishes so I did run out early but have been able to make needed adjustments without too much trouble.


BREAKFAST:
  • 7-grain Cereal
  • Oatmeal
  • Rice Pudding
  • Scrambled Eggs
  • Blueberry/Raisin Biscuits
  • Baked Oatmeal

LUNCH:
  • Fried Rice
  • PB & J
  • Goulash
  • Potato Soup
  • Runzas

SUPPER:
  • Honey Ginger Stir-Fry
  • Baked Beans 
  • Crockpot Hamburger Veggie Soup
  • Crock Cabbage Rolls
  • Chicken Lasagna
  • Crockpot Spanish Rice
  • Homemade Pizza

You will probably find repeats from last week here but that is simply because I didn't make it last week and swapped some meals around :)

I like the flexibility that this open-ended menu gives me. I have a tendency to get locked into a calendar menu and feel like I can't possibly prepare the Wednesday meal on Monday or I'm simply doing it all wrong......neurotic, I know.

Make sure to check out more menus and recipes at Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Little Corner

A place to share home and school, children and family thoughts, ideas and inspirations.